Page 3: Delivering the vision
In addition to all elements of the circle of success being measurable, Autoglass has pioneered a number of initiatives to deliver this vision. Autoglass was:-
- the first to train fitters to the highest NVQ standards - 80 per cent of all Automotive Glazing NVQs awarded have been earned by Autoglass employees
- the first to specialise in vacuum filling windscreen repairs, which is 70% cheaper than full windscreen replacement. In 1999, Autoglass will save its customers over £12 million due to this commitment to repair rather than replace a windscreen whenever possible
- the first to offer motorists glass repair and replacement via the Internet.
Autoglass is the only company in the market to:-
- offer 24 hour emergency roadside assistance, guaranteed to reach motorists anywhere on the UK mainland and in Northern Ireland within 90 minutes
- supply 95 per cent of windscreens and body glass from stock first time. Autoglass recently increased its stock holding by £2 million to reduce the possibility of being out of stock
- operate throughout Europe with around 500 branches
- be recommended and used by both the AA and RAC.
Autoglass now has the most sophisticated call handling facility in the industry, with 24-hour cover. All operators receive comprehensive training in customer service. It has a nationwide IT stock control system, monitoring stock in ‘real time’.