Page 4: Delivering business objectives
In carrying out any business strategy it is first necessary to create a set of objectives to provide a clear direction and to monitor success over time.
Four objectives were established in setting up Café Cadbury. These were:
- to communicate Cadbury's Master-brand values, projecting a modern and relevant image
- to change public perceptions by associating Cadbury with premium 'special' chocolate as well as everyday products
- to reduce Cadbury's dependence on traditional retail channels by developing alternative routes to market
- to generate incremental income.
A number of measures were chosen to track performance in meeting these objectives:
- the number of customers who walk through the door
- the number of diners
- the media value of the site
- quantified attitude measurements for Café Cadbury customers and the local population to assess perceptions of the Cadbury's Masterbrand.