Page 9: Positioning the brand
Everything about the café needs to reflect the requirements of the target market. For example, the menus are carefully tailored to the requirements of the target audience at different times of the day. The savoury menu contains freshly baked baguettes with innovative fillings and hot panini. The cake menu includes a range of fresh cakes and there is a wide choice of ice-creams all served with Cadbury's chocolate.
There are all sorts of categories of retail products including:
- Traditional/familiar eg Cadbury's Dairy Milk, Roses and Milk Tray
- Chocolate experience eg liquid chocolate fondue and truffles
- Indulgence/gifting eg champagne hearts
- Self-eat eg fudge ranges and ice-creams
- Novelty/kids eg full size chocolate footballs.
Prices charged in Café Cadbury are slightly higher than in coffee shops like Starbucks to reflect the premium positioning of the brand.