Page 2: Stakeholders and their interests
A stakeholder is any individual or group that is affected in some way by a company's activities. Stakeholders range from small shareholders with a few hundred pounds worth of shares in a company, to communities in which a company has business premises that may employ a few, or thousands of people.
In being committed to its core purpose of 'working together to create brands people love', Cadbury Schweppes recognises that it does not operate in isolation and works at its commitment to each one of its stakeholders. It is governed by five goals:
- deliver superior shareowner performance
- profitably and significantly increase global confectionery share
- profitably secure and grow regional beverages share
- ensure our capabilities are best in class
- reinforce reputation with employees and society.
The table identifies Cadbury Schweppes' main stakeholders and outlines their particular interest in the company and its activities.