Page 2: The Capita Group plc
The Capita Group Plc was founded in 1984 with just two employees. It has achieved exceptional growth and is now one of the UK's most experienced professional support services businesses. By focusing on building client relationships, Capita's partnership approach has resulted in a 1999 turnover of £327 million. It has long term contracts to provide a whole range of services to central and local Government and across the private sector. The services outsourced include human resources management functions, pay and pensions administration, recruitment and assessment, call centre operations and finance and billing services. Capita is a leading service provider to the education sector.
Capita's services to education include:
- administering the Teachers' Pension Scheme and Individual Learning Accounts
- operating payrolls for 48,000 education staff
- providing managed services to 20 LEAs (Local Education Authorities)
- giving direct support to 3,500 schools
- supplying and supporting the key hardware and software for educational management systems in 23,000 schools, 156 LEAs, 500 higher education and further education institutions
- recruiting teachers, 10,000 supply teachers placed each week
- providing property services for school buildings and local authorities
- the professional development of the teaching profession through such products as The Learning Network for ICT training.