Page 4: Recruitment
Enterprise's online recruitment process is an important part of its strategy. This improves the speed and efficiency of the application for both the company and the applicant. The website provides a registration function and lists available jobs. It also provides a lot of information about the Management Trainee role and the company culture and values. This allows applicants to get a good idea of whether Enterprise would suit them.
New recruits can enter the business in different ways.
- An 'internship' scheme is available for first and second year university students. This gives students an opportunity to work with Enterprise. Students gain valuable experience and there is the possibility of becoming a full-time employee after graduation. Interns participate in an initial classroom-based training session. After this, they work in a branch office where they begin on-the-job training.
- Interns take on the same responsibilities as management trainees and learn about sales, marketing, customer service, business management and administration support.
- The Enterprise Graduate Management Trainee programme offers graduates a fast-track career path with opportunities for self development and quick progression.
- Within as little as 8-12 months, they can move up to a Management Assistant then on to Assistant Manager. The role includes providing a great customer experience, marketing the business and selling the service, as well as dealing with business partners such as insurance companies, dealerships and auto body shops.
- Enterprise advertises its vacancies and opportunities across a wide range of media. This includes media such as newspapers, magazines and online.
To target graduate recruits, Enterprise has developed a dedicated recruitment brand and website - 'Come Alive'. The website shows potential employees the benefits of career opportunities with Enterprise and provides a medium through which students can submit their applications. It also presents profiles of Enterprise employees with their career stories.
Enterprise also uses specialist graduate recruitment websites at peak times throughout the year in order to attract the maximum audience. Approximately 50% of its total UK and Ireland workforce is recruited via the website strategy.