Page 5: Promoting the event
To ensure the success of the Absolute. Tour, a range of techniques was employed:
- Pre-event invitation: Brokers were first informed of the Absolute. Tour personally by their local sales executive. This was followed by a formal invitation sent out by the Chairman, personally signed by him.
- Internal launch: All Independent staff were thoroughly briefed on the nature and purpose of the Tour to ensure everyone throughout the organisation possessed a complete understanding of the expectations and objectives.
- Wish-list initiative: Prior to the Tour, Independent asked each broker to identify a ‘dream’ target commercial client in advance of the meeting on the coach. Significant research was then carried out to formulate a precise marketing strategy which would arm the broker with the best material to win that client’s business.
- Documentation: On the coach, each broker was provided with a comprehensive ‘Absolute.’ guide outlining The Independent Difference, the product range, the exclusive benefits and a contact list.
- Public Relations (PR): Over 500 local press releases were issued during the Tour and its progress was monitored on a special website. A trade press briefing was also held on one of the coaches in order to give journalists the opportunity to get firsthand experience of the atmosphere.
- Post-event follow-up: Independent’s attitude to marketing is that the job is never completed; it is an ongoing, organic process to which the whole company must be fully committed. Thus a great deal of effort went into assessing the impact of the Absolute. Tour.