Page 4: The structure and function of NFTE-UK
NFTE-UK's vision is: ‘To provide every disadvantaged young person with the knowledge and confidence to achieve economic self sufficiency.’
The social objectives of NFTE-UK are to:
- teach young people to build businesses
- prepare NFTE students to succeed in school and the workplace
- link educators, businesses and civic leaders to the lives of socially excluded young people
- support and develop partnerships with organisations that share NFTE's vision and that can help deliver its UK targets.
NFTE’s tactics are based around three core competencies:
- Training and developing teachers to support the initiative
- Developing curricula and materials that are both print and internet based
- Providing continuing support and advice for former students as they develop their enterprises.
The ease with which NFTE-UK has been able to develop the programme is largely due to support for the initiative from partners including The DfEE, The Technology Colleges Trust and The European Business School London. NFTE wants to nurture young people with entrepreneurial dreams. The larger goal, however, is to help renew the spirit of enterprise in inner cities through youth and teacher training, curricula research and development and public education forums.
Relationships will be established with appropriate business partners to ensure a high impact programme that is delivered:
- in schools
- out of school
- on an ongoing basis for NFTE-UK graduates who are developing their own businesses.