Page 6: The importance of training
It is vital to train people to work in such a hi-tech industry with such sophisticated quality systems. NMUK's training department conducts a training needs analysis to assess individual employees' needs and to organise training programmes.
The department concentrates on five main areas:
1. technical development - e.g. teaching skills relating to robotics and electrics, plus the required knowledge e.g. wiring rules/regulations.
2. people development - identifying employee needs and ambitions; providing courses to help personal development e.g. in team building and communication skills
3. understanding processes - workshops covering safety, production operations etc
4. computer skills and graduate training - from basic to highly technical
5. trainee development - courses for graduate trainees ranging from accountancy to team building.