Page 4: The Implementation of customer service
To improve its customer service, Parcelforce Worldwide has undertaken a “gap analysis”. This is a detailed exercise that assesses:
- where the business is now
- where it wants to be
- what it needs to do to achieve that and how
Parcelforce Worldwide is using this analysis to identify the key service touchpoints for customers. Customer service has an impact in six main areas of the business:
- Deliveries to the customer providing timely delivery, prompt response to queries, clear documentation.
- Re-deliveries ensuring clear procedures are in place.
- Collections from customers providing a timely service with documentation.
- End-to-end parcel location (tracking) an online service with easy-to-use screens means customers can find out when a parcel has been delivered.
- Customer contact improving customer communications and providing help by web or by telephone.
- Making claims making it easy for people to claim if things go wrong.
In each of these areas, Parcelforce Worldwide has identified best practice in the industry. It compares its performance by benchmarking itself against competitors. It then assesses how to improve its processes to achieve best practice. Parcelforce Worldwide aims to get each of these processes right in order to achieve customer service excellence.