Page 3: Embedding the values
Portakabin Group embedded the Values within its performance management process (Values Based Performance Culture), and rolled this out through a series of workshops for all employees. The workshops explained how the values were defined, and how they could be demonstrated.
They also outlined the key features of the new performance management process:
- Personal objectives being linked to Company strategy
- A requirement for everyone to demonstrate how they have contributed to success, lived the values and achieved their potential throughout the year
- Clear links to company values and behaviours
- Ratings of performance in the role and against objectives; the development of technical skills and how often the values behaviours were displayed
- Regular feedback and dialogue between managers, employers and across the organisation, throughout the year
- Shared responsibilities of employees and managers throughout the year
- Identification of learning and development needs and potential.