Page 2: The marketing mix
A longer term marketing strategy is underpinned by careful planning and a successful marketing mix. The marketing mix is a combination of many features that can be represented by the four Ps:
- product - features and benefits of a good or service
- place - where the good or service can be bought
- price - the cost of a good or service
- promotion - how customers are made aware of a good or service.
- A product with many different features provides customers with opportunities to chat, play games, send and receive pictures, change ring tones, receive information about travel and sporting events, obtain billing information - and soon view video clips and send video messages.
- Vodafone live! provides on-the-move information services.
- Vodafone UK operates over 300 of its own stores.
- It also sells through independent retailers e.g. Carphone Warehouse.
- Customers are able to see and handle products they are considering buying.
- People are on hand to ensure customers’ needs are matched with the right product and to explain the different options available.
- Vodafone wants to make its services accessible to as many people as possible: from the young, through apprentices and high powered business executives, to the more mature users.
- It offers various pricing structures to suit different customer groups.
- Monthly price plans are available as well as prepay options. Phone users can top up their phone on line.
- Vodafone UK gives NECTAR reward points for every £1 spent on calls, text messages, picture messages and ring tones.