Page 2: Investment in new technologies
For Agfa to remain a market leader, its managers must concern themselves with the future and ask themselves:
- Where is the industry heading?
- What are our competitors likely to do next?
- Where do we go from here?
With imaging, the answers currently are:
- The industry is heading towards greater use of digital imaging.
- Our competitors will invest in research and development aimed at enhancing quality at affordable prices.
- We look to get there first, with better products to sell to customers who are prepared for using them.
This approach requires a willingness to invest heavily in new projects that maximise the benefits of new technology.