Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
CIMA, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, is an internationally recognised professional body that supports over 195,000 students and members in 176 countries. CIMA is the most relevant international accounting qualification in business and qualifies Chartered Management Accountants, financially qualified business leaders, who operate in all areas of an organisation. The CIMA qualification has an emphasis on strategic business skills and it has relevance across a broad business perspective more so than any other professional accountancy qualification.
As well as accountancy roles, CIMA members work in many areas of business including business analysts, project managers and management consultants. Many CIMA members also go on to become directors, chairmen and chief executives. The CIMA qualification can be entered at any stage in your career. The syllabus is designed to be progressive and you will develop skills as you advance. All you need is a desire to succeed in business and have reached a good standard in Mathematics and English before you commence. To find out more visit www.cimaandme.com
Case studies in Business Case Studies
- Developing ethical business strategiesThis business strategy case study examines how CIMA qualified management accountants apply ethical standards to help support and direct strategic decision making and the setting of business strategies.
- Decision making techniquesThis decision making case study illustrates how management accountants use financial data to help make informed decisions.
- Decision making across the business cycleThe business cycle case study illustrates how management accountants support business decision making during all the stages of the business cycle.
- Controlling cash flow for business growthThis cash flow case study looks at how management accountants forecast, monitor and control cash flow in order to maintain the ongoing financial health of businesses.
- Improving strategic decision makingThis decision making case study looks at a structured approach to decision making. It shows how CIMA-trained management accountants have the skills to offer strategic and practical advice and can contribute to effective decision making at all levels in a business.
- Financial information in decision makingThis decision making case study looks at the roles and duties that management accountants cover in a business and at CIMA, an organisation which supports management accountants through training and certification.