- Edition 10 Using effective recruitment to retain competitive advantageAs a result of reading the Case Study, students should be able to: explain the importance of employee recruitment procedures as a means of maintaining competitive advantage, understand the purpose of a vision supported by values as a focus for corporate strategy, appreciate the need for business organisations to develop their core competences.
- Edition 9 Online connectivity to meet stakeholder needsAs a result of carefully reading the Case Study, students should be able to: explain what is meant by B2B (Business to Business) marketing , distinguish between internal and external customers, show how online connectivity confers competitive advantage in a fast moving industry. ,
- Edition 8 Using Six Sigma statistical thinking to improve business processesThis lean production case study illustrates how Cummins uses an initiative, ‘Six Sigma’ for process improvement to significantly improve its business processes. Using statistical tools and data as a base for analysis, Six Sigma enables Cummins to improve its understanding of critical business and operational processes, generating major cost savings.
- Edition 7 Powering forward with a new visionThis vision case study outlines ways in which it is possible to change the culture of an organisation so that it retains what it sees as its strengths while at the same time embracing new ways of doing things that are essential for driving the business forward.
- Edition 6 Establishing a diversity initiativeThis diversity case study focuses upon the Diversity Initiative developed by Cummins. In doing so, it shows how the initiative has enabled the company to create an inclusive culture beyond equal opportunities legislation.