Page 3: The construction industry
The construction industry has to meet the needs of a whole range of clients. These include:
- public and privately owned businesses and organisations in all sectors of British industry
- schools, hospitals, universities etc
- national and local governments eg roads, railways, tunnels, dams, stadiums and offices
- private citizens, and particularly home owners.
All these clients want the job that is done to be:
- better suited to their own particular needs
- completed more quickly
- cheaper than in the past
- finished to higher standards.
For this to happen, the UK construction industry has to change its approach.