Syngenta's focus is on delivering sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology. The company is a leader in providing products to protect crops (herbicides, insecticides, fungicides) and is the third largest producer of seeds (for example, corn, wheat, soya, barley and rice). In 2011 their world wide sales amounted to approximately $13.3 billion. Syngenta employs around 26,000 people in over 90 countries. It researches and develops agricultural products to improve crop yields for farmers, in response to the increasing global demand for food, feed and fuel. In the UK Syngenta employs almost 1,700 employees at its six main sites. Job opportunities range from Research & Development, Manufacturing and Engineering to Sales, Marketing and support functions. Syngenta offers a great environment to work in and employees are able to develop their careers internationally. Syngenta wants to recruit people who have a strong self-development focus and believe that they can make a difference.
Address: Human Resources Central Support Team, Syngenta Limited Jealott's Hill International Research Centre, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 6EY
Tel: 01344 416666
Case studies in Business Case Studies
- Values into visionThis vision case study demonstrates how Syngentaâ€™s vision, mission and values help drive the companyâ€™s culture.
- Investment appraisal in actionThis investment appraisal case study looks at how in 2008 Syngenta proposed an investment in new manufacturing capacity that would allow it to increase production of Amistar. It reviews the analyses that helped the company decide whether to proceed with this investment.
- Product design through research and developmentThis research and development case study shows how R&D is central to building Syngenta's product range.
- Developing an effective organisational structureThe organising people case study shows how Syngenta operates though a matrix structure. This involves staff from different departments working together in teams on specific projects and tasks.
- Feeding and fuelling the world through technologyThis external influences case study looks at how Syngenta, one of the world's leading plant science businesses, is meeting the dual challenge of increasing crop yield and producing alternative fuels.
- Using research and development to improve agricultural productivityThis research and development case study looks at the research and development process as part of product development and its importance to environmental sustainability.