Page 2: Objectives
It is always important to look at an organisation’s strategic objectives because they determine its total philosophy. Whitbread’s strategic objectives are:
- to be the pre-eminent retailer in drinks and eating-out in the UK;
- to develop a strong, profitable, brands-oriented beer business;
- to reduce continually its cost of doing business;
- to provide customer service better than that of competitors;
- to manage the cash flow as though it were its own, and
- to strengthen the organisation’s distinctive culture through collaboration, shared values and effective communication.
These objectives then become the driving force for the way its four operating divisions run. These four divisions are:
- Whitbread Inns i.e. pubs and pub restaurants
- Whitbread Restaurants and Leisure
- Whitbread Beer Company i.e. an integrated beer manufacturing, distribution, sales and marketing operation
- Whitbread Pub Partnerships i.e. Leased Pubs.