Do you feel enticed by the lovely Italian language? The beauty and accent of the simple words like mi amore and ciao can make anyone go weak in the knees. After the bella ciao theme song got popular with the famous money heist series, the interest of people in learning this language has increased manifold.
You will be surprised to know that more than 85 million people can speak Italian globally. This means learning this language can open up large career avenues for you. There is a huge demand for multilingual people in the aviation, hospitality, and tourism industry.
Apart from that, several universities around the globe also impart foreign language courses for which they need trained teachers. Learning this language will open new opportunities for you.
Benefits of Learning Italian
Italian is an age-old language originating from ancient Latin. What can be more interesting than learning the language spoken in ancient civilizations? You will get to understand old scriptures, enjoy the soul of the Italian lifestyle, and of course the perks of being multilingual.
Here are the benefits of learning Italian:
- You can understand conversations and music lyrics. This means you can feel the Italian music and even lip-sync with them. Italian movies will no longer need subtitles. Mozart’s songs will no longer feel alien. You can easily decide the menu when dining at Italian restaurants.
- It is an easy language. Unlike other languages like Mandarin or Arabic, the syllables are known to English speakers. More so, about 60% of the English words are derived from Italian.
- It is the language of the 3rd most famous brand in the world “made in Italy”. This increases your chances of employment.
- Italian is a sought after language owing to the huge demand in industries like aviation, fashion, hospitality, and tourism.
What Makes Online Italian Lessons Stand Apart?
Once you have decided to learn this language, the obvious question pops up: how to learn it? There are two ways you can acquaint yourself with Italian: taking the regular classes or learning through online mode.
While the regular classes need you to be physically present at a fixed time, online classes offer greater flexibility. Here are the other features that make online Italian lessons so good:
- Flexibility to choose your time as per your convenience. You can maintain the pace according to your grasping ability.
- No need to travel to classes. All you need is a laptop and a steady internet connection. You can attend classes from the comfort of your couch, from a café, or even while traveling.
- It is cheaper. The regular university fees include several charges like library fees, co-curricular fees, and so on. In online mode, you pay only for the course. If you are preparing for foreign language entrance exams or entrance in some Italian-speaking nation, learning Italian is an added advantage. Many countries take the language proficiency test before admitting students. You can increase your chances of admission by learning this language.
- You can choose the tutor of your choice based on their short bio.
- You can choose the course based on your level of understanding. You can take beginners, intermediate or advanced classes.
How To Take Online Italian Lessons?
Learners thinking of learning Italian from tutors online should know that it is super easy to register on e-learning portals. Here are the steps:
- Sign up for the e-learning website using your email id and password.
- On the home page, enter your requirement (in this case, an Italian teacher), your budget per hour, your native place, and when you need tutors (days and time of the week).
- You can select the specialty of the tutor, other languages spoken by the tutor, and nativity.
- Browse through the hundreds of profiles of teachers. Each profile mentions the name, nationality, active students, fees, language proficiency level, and lessons taught. Go through the short bio and register yourself for the trial lessons provided by the website.
- Book trial lessons for free to see if the tutor fits your requirement. You just need to enter your mail id and phone number. They will send you an SMS and email as soon as the teacher responds.
Pros Of Taking Online Italian Lessons:
- It saves university tuition fees, transportation costs, and lodging costs.
- You can attend classes from anywhere.
- There is no lower or upper age limit. No matter if you are 17 years old or 57 years old, you can still learn on this platform.
- You can select the time and day of the week when you are available.
- You can choose the tutor of your choice.
Cons Of Taking Online Italian Lessons:
- You don’t get the classroom feeling. In the case of learning a new language, interacting with peers is important. But this is not available in online lessons. It is always one to one class.
- No 2 teachers have the same method of teaching. So, it is tough to choose the one.
- There is no fixed syllabus. You go as per your teacher’s lesson plan.
Job Prospects after Learning Italian
With 80 million speakers, Italian offers you huge job prospects. You can easily get work for the following roles:
- Flight attendant
- Media personnel
- International NGO personnel
- Hospitality sector
- Immigration services
- Educational institutes teaching foreign languages
The Final Say
Scientists say that multilingualism strengthens your brain’s functioning. Italian is a beautiful language which is easy to learn as well. You increase your vocabulary as well as job prospects by learning this language. Taking online classes is a smart decision as it saves you time, money, and efforts. Moreover, you can select the teacher by taking free trial lessons. Learning Italian will pay you off!