Banks and Microfinance institutions issue credit cards to customers to make payments for goods and services.
You can generate credit cards online with the help of tools like credit card generators which are available for free on the web.
Credit Card Generator
To generate a credit card, simply find a credit card generator tool on the web and get the CCs or numbers you need. Some credit card generators would leave it to the user, to select the option of generating cards of various credit card companies.
On the other hand, some online tools like Prepostseo Credit Card Generator provide the user with as many as 9 credit cards from different credit companies in one go.
Online credit card generators produce credit numbers with the help of the Luhn Algorithm. The credit card number generated is valid and has a lot of uses.
The first six digits on a card are the Issuer Identification Numbers for the financial institution that issued credit cards to their clients. The six digits are the same for each credit card issued by that company.
The remainder of the digits (from 6 to 9) except the last one are allocated to each account holder and thus, vary from card to card.
On a credit card, the last digit in a card number is called the Luhn Check digit which is the key for the validation of the credit card number. Credit card Generators work by using a mathematical formula that is compiled with Luhn algorithm’s standard format.
The Luhn Algorithm formula analyses the digits of credit cards against the Luhn algorithm to verify the numbers. When the module of the addition of the credit card number equals 0 then the credit card number passes the Luhn algorithm test. Therefore, making the generated number valid.
When the module of the addition of the credit card numbers does not equal 0 that is (1-9), then the generated credit card number is invalid since it does not pass the Luhn algorithm test.
Uses of online credit card generator
A generated credit card is not inherently bad and has very practical uses.
- Online Generated credit cards have extensive utility in data testing. Generated credit cards are extensively used in business, for example in the E-commerce industry, to make sure that their online platform processes credit card numbers correctly.
- Some online shopping stores request their customers to provide their credit card numbers to get a free trial sometimes in return for free vouchers. If not interested in purchasing the product, you can use the credit card number generator to produce the sample credit card you need for the free trial.
- Credit card companies also use credit card generators to generate card numbers for credit cards.
- These cards also find use in educational purposes; Luhn Algorithm research.
Online credit card generators and fake credit card numbers are not prohibited unless the information generated is used for illegal purposes like fraud or scams.
In the case of scams, it depends on the seriousness of the committed act that determines penalties in most countries. Generally, the bigger the scam, the harder the penalty with fines and jail time.
Using credit card generators for malicious reasons
Credit card generators are not good or bad it’s how people use them.
The objective of discussing these malicious uses is not to encourage such behavior. Instead, it creates awareness in readers so as to enable them to protect against such scams.
- Scammers use real numbers generated by credit card generators and use these numbers to create fake credit cards.
- Scammers also generate numerous credit cards with which they shop online more often, number by number until one of them passes through due to the virtue of belonging to an actual person who has credit in their account.
- The criminals use minute transactions of a few cents to test the number of credit card generators. Users can create fake postal addresses with tools like fake address generators for the delivery of goods avoiding tracking. When a scammer ends up with a legitimate number, they keep exploiting it online until the owner finds out.
How consumers and merchants can protect against credit card fraud?
Consumers can protect against credit card fraud by regularly checking their credit card declarations for any suspicious transactions. They can also use tools like credit card validators to prevent scams.
Merchants on the other hand can ask for additional verification information in online credit card transactions to prevent potential scams at the hands of criminals using credit card generators.
The numbers for a card generator are a matter of chance and probability; with every extra number you ask, the chance of getting the precise match falls dramatically.
Whether you are processing transactions by yourself or have a shopping cart software doing all the processing for you. Make sure to that the following information is provided by the customer.
- The shipping and the Billing address.
- The security code of the credit card.
- The expiration date of the credit card.
Good use of this tool is legal while illegal uses carry repercussions like jail time and fines.
While legal uses include website testing, free trials, and Luhn Algorithm research, the illegal uses include online shopping fraud.
However, there are means to prevent the illegal use of these dummy credit cards both for consumers and merchants.
The former should regularly check their credit card statements for any suspicious transactions while the latter should ask for additional credit card information in order to reduce the chances of scams.