Depending on the policy you go with, you may or may not have to go through with a physical medical exam. However, there is a type of life insurance that doesn’t ask for you to complete an exam, no exam life insurance. While you don’t have to go through with a physical exam, you may still have to provide the life insurance company with your medical records and answer some minor health-related questions.
Many people opt for no exam life insurance because it is far quicker and much easier than your regular life insurance process. It appeals highly to those that do not want to see a doctor, go through a physical medical exam, give urine samples, blood, or have an in-depth conversation about your health which can be daunting. The good news is that it is becoming more and more common to exclude exams from your life insurance process which makes it far easier for many people.
No exam life insurance can be the perfect option for people who want the coverage but are worried that their health, age, or other significant concerns will get in the way. However, it isn’t just for people who may have poor health or health issues. Many people that are just looking for a quick, easy coverage option seem to choose the no exam life insurance. One thing to remember is that the healthier you are, the cheaper your premiums will be.
What is life insurance?
So, first things first. What is life insurance and why do you need it? Life insurance was specifically created so that you and your beloved family are equipped with financial security should you pass away, become terminally ill, and sometimes you may even be covered if you are unable to work.
Life insurance can create complete peace of mind financially because it makes sure that you and your family are kept safe in the event of major expenses if something were to happen to you. While saving money can also be a good idea, life insurance is far more beneficial. This is because it can cover full-time childcare, living expenses, education, and many other things your family may rely on if you pass away.
What is no exam life insurance?
Most people seek out no exam life insurance because of the fact that you can get coverage very quick compared to most options, however, your coverage amount will be limited. That makes it very fitting for people who are in very poor health or heading that way quickly. Although it is considered good due to the quick approval rate, because of the fact that you don’t undertake an exam, failing to disclose an illness could mean that your beneficiaries do not receive your death benefit.
For some people, going through a medical exam could be unappealing, or perhaps a fear of doctors is involved. It could even be a fear of needles that is preventing you from wanting it. Whatever the reason is, it can definitely be successful for some people.
Who is no exam life insurance good for?
No exam life insurance can be a great and effective option for people who are interested in getting coverage but are hesitant to do so because they feel as if their health, age, or other serious concerns may make them ineligible. You may look at considering no exam life insurance if:
- You are advanced in age but would like to offer protection to your loved ones
- You are concerned that you won’t get approved for regular life insurance because of your health concerns
- You need a life insurance policy immediately
- Because of your health, you may have higher premiums
No medical exam life insurance policies can also be a handy tool to cover all of your final expenses.
Pros and cons of no exam life insurance
As with anything, there are plenty of pros and cons to be considered. Of course, at the end of the day, it comes down to what you want and what will suit your needs the most. So, let’s lay out the pros and cons of no exam life insurance.
- Prices that are transparent
- You don’t need to meet with a technician
- Quick approval times as opposed to regular life insurance
- No need for a blood or urine test
- A good alternative for people that have been turned away from regular life insurance
- Very few policies available
- Lower coverage levels
- More expensive than policies that require an exam
Reasons you may not qualify
There are many reasons you may not qualify; some reasons may be disclosed and others not so much. However, here are a few mainstream reasons you may not qualify for no exam life insurance.
- Alcohol abuse- Some companies will deny you if there is any evidence of alcohol abuse
- Drug abuse- Some companies will deny you if there is any evidence of drug abuse
- Cancer- Many companies (but not all) will deny your application if you have cancer. Whether it is a past or present diagnosis, you may be denied. However, there is no need to stress as some companies will still approve depending on the type of cancer and how long ago you were officially diagnosed.
- Heart, liver, and kidney disease- If you are suffering or have suffered from these diseases, you may not qualify. However, some companies will still approve your application if you are following an efficient treatment plan.
- HIV- It is very unlikely that you will find a company that will approve you for HIV.
Life insurance without an exam is a great inclusion to the world of life insurance and it means that you will be able to take out a policy without needing to fulfil the health checks that usually follow along with health insurance. Whether or not you are actually illegible will depend entirely on the different circumstances relating directly to your health, age, lifestyle, and even your family’s medical history. The cost will also depend upon several factors including your current health, lifestyle, and age.