Page 6: Conclusion
Markets for UK companies are worldwide. To serve these markets, firms have to ask themselves:
- Do we really know what our customers want?
- How do we generate, capture and develop ideas?
- How good are we at seeing good ideas through to fruition?
- In a changing market place, what is the best way for us to develop strategies that will maximise our competitive advantage?
- How should we set about identifying and meeting business opportunities?
The Design Council has been working to demonstrate that the UK is a country with entrepreneurial flair, in which companies and individuals use ideas to develop leading products based upon design and innovation. This case study shows that by using cutting-edge design as part of a process of innovation, an organisation can add value to processes and products that helps to transform their activities while at the same time improving their competitive advantage.