Page 6: Conclusion
Wetherspoon’s enlightened approach towards its workforce is soundly based and demonstrably successful. The company has recently won a range of awards that reflect its commitment to customers and employees. These include:
- Pub Company of the Year 2000
- Retailer of the Year 2000
- Retailers’ Retailer Award for Best Company 2000
- National Innkeeping Training Award: supreme award for overall training programme 2000
- National Innkeeping Training Award: the best course designed to develop food and catering skills 2000.
In a highly competitive business environment, the company knows that its ability to recruit, train, retain, develop and motivate its employees will remain a key factor in its success.