A modern world without mobile devices is no longer imaginable. According to statistics at the turn of the year 2020, about 52% of visits to the site are strictly from a mobile device. Based on those measures, it becomes clear that about half of young, employable people buy online via smartphone. And if your site is not optimized for mobile devices, your company is losing money.
So why is it so important to have a mobile optimized website and why you need a mobile friendly website? To find the right answers to these questions, just read this article.
Let's suppose you have a website. Let's visualize it works well and perhaps generates a good income. Put yourself in the place of a potential visitor and go to your site from your mobile device. How fast are the pages loaded? Will it be easy to find the information you need on your site? You can face with small text, the page that refuses to load normally, many unnecessary elements, and misunderstanding what to do. To avoid such a situation, you need to make a mobile version of the site specially adapted for devices with different screens.
Optimization of the site for mobile devices, first of all, means the realization of simple and straightforward navigation, which allows finding the necessary content quickly.
Let's consider some characteristics of an effective mobile site:
- Fast loading. Almost half of the mobile device users leave the site if the page is loaded longer than 3 seconds. Maximize the time when the content appears on the screen so that you can quickly move from one section to another.
- Easy to navigate. The small size of the screen can make it challenging to find the necessary information. If a page needs to be scrolled or scaled all the time, likely, users won't stay on the page. To make it easy to search for information, simplify the menu, and make sure that the content is fully visible and the text can be read without zooming in.
- Easy to do. Users should be able to smoothly perform actions on the site, such as contacting you, finding a product, or making a purchase. Reduce the number of steps to complete the form and complete the transaction.
When your project grows, but the web app is too slow and users report dozens of bugs, that means you need web app testing services. In that context, software testing has a specific and valuable role that should not be neglected.
There are 3 strong arguments in favor of mobile friendly websites, which are clear to any business owner:
- Desktop traffic is losing its way;
- Mobile friendly websites are ranked much better;
- Sites without adaptive design are annoying.
The pros of mobile optimized website
Let's summarize, having defined the main advantages of such a solution. The strongest arguments in favor of adaptation are:
- traffic increase;
- increased CTR;
- higher positions in SERP;
- increased the conversion rate;
- improved behavioral factors;
- growing number of users due to mobile audience;
- increased status and image of the company;
- increase in the number of clients.
All these factors naturally lead to increased profits, which means that optimization costs will recoup fairly quickly.
Several key differences between responsive and adaptive design
Speed of the site
A site created on the principles of adaptive design can be loaded several times faster because the user will need to download from the server only those parts of the design that are necessary for the site to work on his device. In the responsive design case, the user will have to wait until all the styles and images are loaded, regardless of the visitor's device.
The difficulty of development
Google is much more loyal to responsive sites than to the adaptive ones.
In practice, responsive website design is quite common, as opposed to adaptive - it is easier to implement and control. Most of the templates that are sold on marketplaces are responsive, not adaptive.
However, the decision of what to do with your website ultimately rests with you. Optimization of the site for mobile devices or making a web page mobile friendly is, first of all, an important competitive advantage that will help you both in SEO and in work with clients (who, believe me, will be happy if the site will be more convenient for them).