CBD hemp buds are taking on the same level of popularity that CBD oil has enjoyed over the last several years. Demand for the non-intoxicating components of the cannabis plant increases each day as people enjoy therapeutic benefits without altering consciousness.
CBD flowers could pass for marijuana in every other aspect as far as appearance, aroma, and the way they feel. Still, it is, in fact, among the most efficient and cleanest methods for enjoying cannabidiol. See this guide for high CBD strains.
Generally, the application involves either vaping or smoking the compound, and some suggestions indicate using the hemp “nugs” for making edibles or even topical creations.
You can even use the flowers to extract the oils which make up all the products that you’ll find on the market - see cheefbotanicals.com, but this could prove challenging if you’re not versed in the process. The most used options are vaping and “pre-rolls.”
- Cannabidiol Hemp Strains Common Terminology
When you decide that you want to become a part of the CBD world, you must research the compound. Part of that will include learning the “language’ so you can understand what you are reading and what you are ordering. Some of the terms you might come across, include:
- Flowers (Hemp): The term is interchangeable with the CBD flower. It is a bud on a species of the cannabis plant rich in cannabidiol and low in THC at or below 0.3% to be compliant with federal law.
- CBD joints: you are looking for a more classic experience, then look no further than prerolls. You can think of them as already prepared joints for you.
- Pre-Rolls (CBD): Another term for “joints” using the hemp flower instead of marijuana for the filler.
- Non-Psychoactive: This is an indication that the hemp/CBD bud does not contain an intoxicating trait as THC does. It will not make you “high.” When consuming marijuana, THC is the component that creates that “euphoria.”
- The Terpenes: Naturally occurring “plant oils” of cannabis (alongside the cannabinoids) that provide aroma and flavor.
- The Flavonoids: Also, naturally composed in the plant similarly to terpenes, these possess powerful antioxidant properties.
- (Hemp) Dominant-Sativa: A strain that extends effects that are of an uplifting and energizing nature.
- (Hemp) Dominant- Indica: A strain consisting of terpenes that extend relaxing and soothing effects.
- Manicured: These are buds of a higher quality that have been trimmed by hand.
CBD Hemp Strain Terpenes Smells and Flavors
Terpenes are the aromatic and flavorful plant oils of cannabis, unique for each strain. The smells are potent, affecting the way you experience the bud, but the taste often does not coincide with the aroma. Some of the more common ones are the below:
- The Caryophyllene: Among the most common found in cannabis with a “woody” odor almost comparable to “cloves.” You will feel as though your throat is saturating with a peppermint coating. The flavor tends to catch users with a spicier sensation than they expect.
- The Myrcene: You’ll find this scent in mangoes, but it boasts as being responsible for the infamous “mustiness” of the plant's overall aroma, which both transfers to the taste, leaving less than a remarkable impression for users.
- The Limonene: The citrus aroma is sharp in this scent found in the peel of the fruits. You would expect a sour taste to follow such a harsh smell, but, in fact, it comes across as sweet.
- The Linalool: These produce a floral aroma found in lavender with a taste distinctive of lavender ice cream, encompassing a crisp but light sensation.
It is a matter of personal preference and taste which option you choose and, ultimately, the effects that you are hoping to achieve. No two people will have the same results, and you should never expect to follow someone’s advice as to which of the legal hemp products they decide to try, hoping for the same outcome.
The recommendation is to purchase from trusted online suppliers. One of the best ways to find a supplier with high standards is through vigilant research and with the guidance of a knowledgeable medical provider. Only quality CBD hemp strains will offer potent effects with the potential to produce the type of results studies are showing possible for health and wellness. And these are the safest options by far.