Page 5: Food manager
The FSM workstation may be located in the Administration office adjoining the Food section or in the Administration Centre and is used by:
- Food Commercial Managers (for probing)
- General Staff via HHT (to record sell outs or action corrected stock counts)
- Administration Assistants (to access stock record information regarding sterling value of
- Food Supervisors (to authorise RTM’s)
The system has access at different levels, each of which is protected by a password system. FSM plays an important part of the everyday role of the Food Manager. The first job of the day for him/her is to make sure that the Food section is full, presentable and ready for opening. On a daily basis managers examine the amount of date expired products and quality waste generated for the previous day. Stores are given waste percentage targets for the year which must not be exceeded. FSM is a tool to ensure that stores are probing waste and RTM levels.
Quality, Value & Service
M&S’s priority for its customers is having quality products in the right place at the right time. This is also the key objective of FSM. Marks & Spencer is committed to putting the customer first at all times. This involves selling merchandise of the highest quality at outstanding value and providing good customer service. Initiatives such as Food Stock Management enable Marks & Spencer to:
- improve the efficiency of operations;
- improve the quality of products by providing better information for suppliers;
- reduce the cost-base of operations and reflect the benefits by improving value for customers.