Over time, more and more organizations adopt Six Sigma methodologies to reduce costs and improve services. Each business can take a slightly different approach. However, certain fundamentals are necessary for a process to gain momentum.
1. KEEP COMMUNICATION CHANNELS OPEN
• Talk and report frequently
One also should educate and empower, knowledge, skill, practice, and competence, continuing mastery, and teaching others.
• Trust, honesty and information = transparency
• Give everyone a common advantage, language, purpose and purpose and unleash the power of Six Sigma in your organization.
2. GIVE EVERYBODY FEEDBACK AND FEEDBACK
• Engage everyone, enthusiastic and practical, involved, and onboard with all of your Lean Six Sigma initiative and the plans.
• You need to introduce feedback and coaching, establishing communication channels where there were none before
3. CREATE AND CULTIVATE THE RIGHT CONTEXT AND A WORK ENVIRONMENT WHERE HONESTY IS ALWAYS THE BEST POLICY.
• Make communication and information exchange, learning, and openness (transparency) an organizational priority.
• Fewer people will feel threatened and insecure when speaking out, hiding their mistakes for fear of embarrassment or consequences (such as being held accountable, losing their jobs, or standing up to others)
• Treat others with respect and share ideas and issues openly, always keeping in mind the overall benefit (or detriment) for all if more attention is paid to certain issues or challenges in question.
4. PLEASE NOTE, RECOMMEND, and ENCOURAGE
• It will help a lot when you will select examples of great achievements within Lean Six Sigma, samples, project studies, details, and share and celebrate all aspects. Do not forget to give credit and recognition to the team where it’s due, even for accomplishments that made a big difference to the business, a specific area, or an issue that was resolved. It’s very motivating and a great incentive for many to keep trying and even doing more!
5. Set up a system and metrics and monitor the process, but also progress
• Formalized logging and tracking is essential to make these Lean Six Sigma processes and initiatives work and last. Please make sure they are streamlined and useful, organized, and run regularly.
6. STAY ON BASICS AND KEEP SIMPLE STUPID!
• It sounds easy enough, but trust me, we sidetrack the complexity of calculations, measurements, and spreadsheets so easily that we often forget the courtesy and clarity that simplicity brings.
• Making things easy to follow and follow will help them do just that!
7. Stay positive, and keep going!
8. REACH AND USE YOUR RESOURCES
• Always focus on needs, wants and motivations, to mobilize and maintain momentum and change.
• Customize the stakes and rewards for your participation and the application of Lean Six Sigma principles.
• Do it the way you do business, WITHOUT COMMITMENT!
• Set the bar and standards high, and keep reaching higher.
9. DISCIPLINED PRACTICE
• Consistent, persevering, determined, dedicated to making things work better, and last! Low cost, no waste, efficient, and effective!
10. A CONTINUOUS JOURNEY (not just a destination)
• Continuous learning is essential, and learning from our mistakes, oversights, challenges, and accomplishments is important.
• Always asking what we have learned, what went well, what didn’t work, and how we can improve next time should be part of a normal conversation and routine.