A sprouting growth of tech has driven considerable changes to the workplace. Automation has created new opportunities for offices, allowing employees to save time and improve the efficiency of their day-to-day routine (there are other ways to outsource business processes – check over here).
Despite misconceptions that automation is expensive and takes too much time to implement, there are cheap or free tools to digitize your workflow. This post is a detailed analysis of the top 7 tools for office work automation.
Workplace Automation Benefits
No wasted time on repetitive tasks
Statistics provided by the ‘Automation in the Workplace’ report prove that employees waste over 40% of productive time on performing mundane tasks. Thanks to automation, all repetitive operations will be handled by dedicated tools – meanwhile, an employee can dedicate his time to work on business ideas that require skill and superior intelligence.
Consistency and human error reduction
Maintaining concentration for a long while can lead to errors even during performing simple tasks. Humans are unreliable when forced to work long hours – to this end, technology is a safer move.
Simple tasks like data entry or basic calculations can lead to bottlenecks and inefficiency when handled by a human. That’s why it’s automating mundane operations is one of the best practices for businesses in the age of digital transformation.
Increased engagement levels
In order to stay at his peak efficiency, an employee has to be motivated at work. Whether you’re a smart business owner who wants to achieve utmost productivity on an employer, eager for a team to succeed, automation gives a way to increase interest in work-related tasks.
The time, saved by automation, can be used for learning sessions, reskilling, or improving the efficiency of more complex and demanding tasks.
Technological automation allows team members and business management to run selected processes 24/7. For instance, automation tools will be able of real-time monitoring and updates where a human employee would be constrained by fatigue and lower concentration level.
This way, the productivity of work will increase along with potential opportunities provided by 24/7 automation.
7 Best Tools For Work Automation
In order to get the most out of automation, it’s best to be picky in choosing a fit tool. The good news is, the modern tech market provides businesses with a wide range of automation tools used for various purposes. Here’s a review of top automation tools used to boost the efficiency of day-to-day work and help figure out how to start a business.
Zapier is a widely used automation platform for small businesses and BPO outsourcing companies. It allows users to automated most frequently used scenarios – you’ll be able to write a series of actions a program will take at a scheduled time. No human supervision whatsoever is needed.
- Automate workflow creation;
- A full history of zaps;
- Integration with Google Drive and widely used business tools;
- Shared access;
Pricing: Zapier has a free version with a limited range of features. There are two premium subscription models:
- For work – $20 per month;
- For teams – $250 per month.
Active Campaign is a tool for marketing automation. It allows business owners to create automated sales funnels, design custom email marketing campaigns and run them automatically. The tool has a built-in CRM system to manage customer communication and maintain a steady connection with clients.
- Marketing campaign automation;
- Over 200 integrations with popular tools;
- Smart auto-responder;
- Data-driven campaign builder;
- Free email template;
- 24/7 social media monitoring.
- Lite – starts with $15 per month (up to 500 users);
- Plus – from $55/per month;
- Professional – from $129 per month;
- Enterprise – from $229 per month.
Buffer is another marketing automation tool dedicated to social media campaign management. It offers flexible scheduling options paired with a flexible interface. It doesn’t take too much time to get the hang of Buffer thanks to its straightforward and simplistic navigation.
- Automated group and profile management;
- Business campaign planning;
- Analytics and reporting system;
- Team access;
- Multi-factor account security protection;
- RSS feed support.
- Buffer Publish – from $15 per month;
- Buffer Reply – from $50 per month;
- Buffer Analyze – $50 per month.
Calendly is a tool that automates scheduling. Instead of sending back-and-forth email to finalize an appointment, you’ll be able to book a meeting in a few clicks. Calendly is widely used among teams and is well-known for its minimalistic interface and non-invasiveness.
- Team availability tracking;
- Event and meeting scheduling;
- Automatic email notification system;
- System calendar integration;
- Mobile alerts;
- Tools for reporting and analysis.
Calendly offers a 14-day free trial. Here are the subscription models to choose from:
- Premium – $8 per user per month (annual billing), $10 per user per month (monthly billing);
- Pro – $12 per user per month (annual billing), $15 per user per month (monthly billing).
Grammarly is an AI-driven automated spell-checker. The tool will check your emails, social media posts, or other forms of content for grammar and spelling issues by examining each word as a part of the context. The tool can come in handy for handling any type of professional communication.
- Spelling and grammar-checker;
- Punctuation issues detection;
- Plagiarism checker;
- Microsoft Office and Google Docs integration;
- Personalized stats and reports;
- Synonyms dictionary.
There’s a free version of Grammarly that detects basic writing issues. Grammarly Premium costs $19.98 per month.
This one is a platform for lead tracking automation. LeadFormly helps business managers fully automate the sales process – all incoming leads will be automatically segmented. A business manager will be alerted as soon as a visitor has converted into a lead. Paired with Active Campaign, Lead Formly creates a powerful system for sales automation that helps companies meet the goals listed in a business plan.
- Bulk user management;
- Dozens of customizable form templates;
- Tools for form analytics;
- Spam blockers;
- Improved conditional logic.
250 leads per month – $37/month;
1,000 leads per month – $74/month;
25,000 leads per month – $149/month.
Slack is an all-time favorite among teams thanks to its all-in-one interface – that’s why this list couldn’t have missed it. Also, the platform allows to automate and streamline corporate communications.
- Access to tools and services used by a team;
- Bots for communication automation;
- Secure workplace;
- Group channels and direct communication support.
Pricing: there’s a free plan that allows teams to use up to 10 integrations. Apart from that, there are 3 premium plans for companies depending on wanted use cases and smart goal:
- Standard: – $6 per user/month (annual billing), $8 (monthly billing);
- Plus – $12.50 per user/month (annual billing), $15 (monthly billing).
Thanks to a wide selection of automation tools available in the market, it’s possible to improve all aspects of workplace efficiency. Communication, marketing, and task management can now be performed by technology – humans, instead, will be able to put more effort into solving challenging problems, education, and upskilling.
Automation tools allow team managers and employees to get more expertise on how to build a business, increase their presence, cut feedback loops and operation costs. It takes some time to adapt to using new instruments at work – at the end of the day, this effort will pay off to the fullest extent.