Employee time tracking is an inevitable part of any business. But, manually tracking the time you invest in the projects can become quite hectic. Here, an automated time-tracking system can do wonders for your business.
Employee Time tracking software like https://clockineasy.com/ helps in managing a business or projects efficiently. Many industry sectors, freelancers, or even companies find this software effective in successfully running their business.
What Is Employee Time Tracker Software?
Based on the project requirement, a project manager or business owner can track the working hours and record them to pay the clients accordingly. You can even automate the time tracking process with an advanced and automated software system.
The tracking software is chiefly used to track the actual time that your employees spend on work and monitor the employees to know about their productivity. In the tracking systems, your employees need to log in to the software, select a project, select a task, and click Start. A timer will record how long your employees work on the task until they manually stop the timer or shift to a new task.
Furthermore, the time spent on the original task or project will then get logged on the user's timesheet, where it can be used to determine future payment. Moreover, several tracking tools also allow you to log future hours, retroactively long hours, and even make changes to previously logged hours.
Hence, you can adjust hours in the past to show that a task was started earlier than anticipated and note such a thing for billing purposes. In most software, you tap on the calendar view to edit time for a project you worked on for that day.
Once the system administrators and shift managers approve all the data recorded, they push the data into reports, invoices, payment services, shift scheduling widgets, and other areas inside the tools. Such things can make human resources, billing, management, shift scheduling, and production monitoring easy and automated for your business.
Different Employee Time Tracking Methods
There are different ways that businesses track employees’ time by using tracking software, and some of them are:
- Monitoring: your software records the active and idle time of employees. It can even record screen captures.
- Clock-in clock-out: your employees manually record arrival and departure times.
- Chronological: your employees enter start and end times for the project task.
- Automatic: software automatically calculates time spent on tasks or entire projects. It uses a connected device or a computer, and user input using stop and starts buttons. You can retrieve logged tasks and view the task duration or the start and stop times.
- Exception-based: software automatically records standard business working hours, excluding approved time off or LOA.
- Location-based: with Time tracking software, you can determine the working status of your employees based on their location.
Manage the Attendance of Your Employee
Through the attendance management feature of the time tracker, you can track the attendance of your employees with ease. You can even capture the arrival and left time details to estimate your employee's total working hours.
You can also view the list of employees who arrived late by exploring the late arrival requests. All such details will help you in processing the payroll of the employees. The software can have two sub-modules like absence calendar and Attendance reports.
- Through an absence calendar, you can track the absence details of an employee. If an employee has to update their leave details, they may do it from their end or the admin side.
- On the attendance report, you can see every day, weekly, or monthly attendance reports of each employee. Being the admin, you can track attendance reports regularly, weekly and monthly.
Evaluate Productivity of Your Employees
The productive time tracking feature will allow you to evaluate the overall productive-time that is utilized by your employees. It helps you determine the production time that your employees spent on various apps during the business working hours. For example:
- The total real-time your employee spent at work
- The real-time your employees spent on productive apps during the total real-time worked.
- Total time your employees spent idle (lunch or tea time) during working hours
Installing an easy to use employee time tracking software can help your business in several ways. You can effectively cover almost every possible employee work scenario with its deployment. You can also track employees' time at every stage of their tasks and projects without micromanaging.