In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, traditional SEO tactics may not be enough to drive traffic and increase rankings. SEO agencies, Out-of-the-box thinkers, and innovators are turning to unconventional SEO tactics that can help them stand out from the crowd and get ahead of the competition.
In this article, we will explore some of the most effective unconventional SEO tactics that you can use to improve your online visibility, attract more traffic to your site, and boost your rankings in search engines.
Unconventional SEO Tactic 1: Answering Niche Questions on Quora
Quora is an excellent platform for answering niche questions related to your industry or niche. By answering questions that are relevant to your business, you can position yourself as an authority in your field and drive more traffic to your site.
Here’s how you can use Quora for SEO:
- Identify questions that are relevant to your niche or industry.
- Provide detailed and informative answers that showcase your expertise.
- Include a link back to your website in your answer.
By consistently providing helpful and informative answers on Quora, you can build a following and attract more traffic to your website.
Unconventional SEO Tactic 2: Creating Viral Social Media Content
Social media is a powerful platform for driving traffic to your website and increasing your online visibility. However, creating viral social media content can be challenging.
Here are some tips for creating viral social media content:
- Use eye-catching visuals to grab attention.
- Keep your messaging short and sweet.
- Use humor or emotion to connect with your audience.
- Tap into trending topics or popular memes to increase engagement.
- Include a call-to-action (CTA) that directs users to your website.
By creating social media content that resonates with your audience, you can drive more traffic to your site and increase your online visibility.
Unconventional SEO Tactic 3: Optimizing for Voice Search
With the rise of voice assistants like Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant, optimizing for voice search is becoming increasingly important for SEO.
Here are some tips for optimizing for voice search:
- Use conversational language in your content.
- Optimize for long-tail keywords.
- Include FAQ pages on your website.
- Focus on local SEO to capture voice search users who are looking for nearby businesses.
By optimizing for voice search, you can stay ahead of the curve and capture more traffic from voice search users.
Unconventional SEO Tactic 4: Leveraging User-Generated Content
User-generated content (UGC) is a powerful tool for increasing engagement and building trust with your audience. By featuring UGC on your website or social media channels, you can encourage user participation and drive more traffic to your site.
Here are some ways to leverage UGC for SEO:
- Encourage customers to leave reviews on your website or third-party review sites.
- Feature customer photos or videos on your social media channels.
- Host contests or giveaways that encourage user participation.
By leveraging UGC, you can increase engagement and build trust with your audience, which can ultimately lead to more traffic and higher rankings in search engines.
Unconventional SEO tactics can help you stand out from the crowd and get ahead of the competition. By answering niche questions on Quora, creating viral social media content, optimizing for voice search, and leveraging user-generated content, you can attract more traffic to your site and improve your online visibility.
Remember to keep your content informative, engaging, and relevant to your audience. By staying ahead of the curve and using unconventional SEO tactics, you can achieve better results and drive more traffic to your site.
Tom is the CEO and Principal Consultant of MediaOne, a leading digital marketing agency. He has consulted for MNCs like Canon, Maybank, Capitaland, SingTel, ST Engineering, WWF, Cambridge University, as well as Government organizations like Enterprise Singapore, Ministry of Law, National Galleries, NTUC, e2i, SingHealth. His articles are published and referenced in CNA, Straits Times, MoneyFM, Financial Times, Yahoo! Finance, Hubspot, Zendesk, CIO Advisor.