If you are considering dipping your toe into the world-wide-web of mobile apps, you should probably read this before you call a developer. The reason is simple. Millions of apps are created and fail in less than a year of release. Before you throw your hands up in the air, don’t forget to research how much it cost to design an app before developing your own app and take a look at the following tips to bring your app from development to success.
Let’s dive in.
Tip #1: Know Your Audience
This may seem obvious but today the more customized and curated the experience the better. Your mobile app needs to go above and beyond solving a common issue or meeting a certain want. It needs to understand your customer from the inside-out and create the ultimate customer journey. Here are some things you should consider:
- What is your revenue model? Subscription, in-app purchases, ads, pay-per downloads, or perhaps you have a unique revenue stream
- Survey, quiz, and test every element of your app in think tinks to your specific target audience
- What is your budget and time allowance? This will predict whether your app is native, web or a hybrid development
- Integrate as many analytical tools as possible so you can continue to customize and respond to your audience
- Always prepare for a your launch – Beta testers are your friends. Missing this critical step can open you up to huge risks and ultimately failure
Tip #2: Enhance Your UX/UI
Design is by far one of the most important elements of any app. Your design can make or break your launch. Your interface should let users know right away that your app is accessible and not overly complicated. Here are a few common mistakes in design that you should avoid:
- Overly complicated design – too many colours, unclear or inconsistent typography
- Failure to consider security elements
- Not considering ease of navigation and animation elements
- Forgetting the interactive experience such as micro-interactions
Last but not least, staying on trend and learning from your competitors will help you “win” the design game. Top apps are using interactive, monochromatic design themes, with a layered card design for easy navigation and a fun and helpful experience.
Tip #3: Get An Expert
After reading all of these tips you may have realized that creating an app these days is no longer the quick design to develop and launch process it once was. Now with the market saturated with so many great apps, it is harder than ever to make it. Luckily, you can turn to experts like a mobile app development company london to help you at every point. Companies like NovaFlip and other mobile app development company london are able to listen and create your every want and need seamlessly.
Here are just a few things these app wizards can do:
Native Development – Will let you access a larger reach of multiple iOS devices, from the iPhone to Apple Watch, iPad, and Apple TV. This offers phenomenal performance, flawless UI, and better positioning on the Apple App store
A Design Team – Most app designers are not designers. They are inventors and think-tankers so often design is less than exciting. Having a design team at your fingertips with a mobile app development company london allows you to take advantage of the best tech, highest functionality, and exciting design elements that will get you the right attention.
Flutter – Probably one of the more exciting offerings from Google, Flutter lets developers create cross-platform apps. The more users can access your app the better
If you have an app dream but have heard about the high failure rate don’t give up. Instead, do your research, make it customized, intuitive, and beautiful. Don’t fly solo, including a mobile app development company london can take your app to the next level.