Promoting an app is becoming increasingly challenging. Why? Over the years the number of mobile apps have increased significantly. As of today, there are more than four million apps available from some of the leading app stores. So, it’s vital to have a strategic plan in place on how to promote an app. Below you will find a few simple ways on how to promote your app.
Get a Website
Having a website gives you presence. It establishes that you are a legitimate and are a real business. Placing your app on your site puts it front and center and lets your visitors know that it is not something you put on your website just to show them you have an app. It should be a part of your overall marketing plan.
Make Use of Social Media
Connecting with your audience is a great way to promote your Android app. You can get organic traffic via social media by following people in your industry. Don’t use it as a means to promote your product in such a way that it becomes spammy you don’t want them to think that you’re just there to sell to them. Instead, engage your audience by providing value to your followers such that they find your product useful and in turn, something they would want to purchase.
Utilize Paid Ads
Mobile app ad click-through rates (CTRs) have increased exponentially. As a matter of fact, businesses that use videos in their ad get 7.5 times more clicks then those who use only a display ad even though it costs more. As such, it can help increase your app views. For example, because of their huge audiences and segmentation capability, both Facebook and Instagram are excellent platforms for mobile apps promotion. And since Facebook owns Instagram, it’s easier to place app install ads on both.
Optimize Your App - App Store Optimization (ASO)
It’s important to have a high rank for your app since this (i.e. ranking factors such as app installs, app ratings and app reviews) leads to greater visibility to potential users. App Store optimization (ASO) is the search engine optimization (SEO) of the mobile app industry. The following can help optimize your app:
- Make sure your app name is unique.
- Include relevant keywords but be sure not to “keyword stuff” or risk being penalized
- Use keywords that will help increase your app rankings (buy keyword installs). The higher your rankings, the more app downloads
- Make the description of your app plain (it shouldn’t be difficult to figure out what it does or does not do)
- Ensure your app is updated frequently with app update descriptions and launch date notes
- Add value by including screenshots and videos
- Do you have positive ratings for your app? Positive ratings can help increase app downloads
- Optimize your app for your local audience to reach locals who are searching for your app
Promoting your app doesn’t have to be difficult as you can always use app promotion services. You should handle it the same way you would any product promotion. So spend the necessary time it takes to effectively promote your app. And make sure that you understand who your target audience is and construct your ads accordingly.