Preparing for final exams can be quite stressful for students. There are so many things you need to look after such as finishing pending assignments, making notes, visiting the library, exchanging notes with your classmates, and not to forget dealing with the syllabus. That is why coming up with a comprehensive study plan is a must for you if you want to avoid the last-minute stress. To help you face the question paper with utter confidence, Peachy Essay bring 10 useful and effective tips that can help you pass your exams with flying colors and get good grades.
- Schedule: The first step towards achieving your academic goals always starts with creating a proper schedule. Studying the last minute might help you score one or two extra points but remember it is not a good option in the long run. Devise a study plan based on your syllabus and chapters left for revision. Setting a target grade for each subject will also help you identify the amount of time you need to devote to each subject and chapter accordingly. Make a list of the subjects and put a number (hours) in front of it.
- Interactive learning: We all know how hard it can be to get out of the bed and get the motivation to study especially when the exams are approaching. To increase your level of interest, try using different mediums of study apart from the regular books and notes. Use visual aids such as videos, infographics, images, charts, and presentations to study. It will help you keep your focus and grasp the basic concepts more efficiently.
- Analysis: The best way to find out where you stand is to take practice tests and grade yourself. Check out the previous year paper and try to solve them in the given time. Mark the questions that you are not able to answer and deal with it at the end of the day. This is a good way to analyze your academic performance, accuracy, and speed. In case, you face any difficulties in getting the right answers, consult your peers and professors right away.
- Scoring questions: Once you have made a study schedule, deal with subjects one by one. Pick a chapter and identify the topics that can help you score more marks. If you are on a time crunch, then revise the topics that are complex and forms the base of the chapter. Sticking to important questions would be much more beneficial for you than investing your time in other common topics.
- Organization: Use an organized approach to read your text-book without consuming too much time. Survey your reading material, read the main title of the chapter, and create an outline of the topic. Cover the main points of the topic and make your notes. Use simple vocabulary and break down the topic into smaller parts for your better understanding. Try to answer who, what, when, where, why, and how of the important topics. Highlight important information and try to understand it instead of cramming.
- Explain: After you have a good understanding and grasp of a topic, discuss it with your classmates or friends who have not studied about it yet. Try to convey the information in your own words, take help from your notes. If you are able to explain the topic to your friend without any confusion or missing piece of information, then you have successfully mastered it.
- Word creation: Create acronyms while studying an extra-long topic that consists of a step-by-step process or a topic explaining a series. This trick will help you memorize the titles and list all of them one by one. Use the first letter of a phrase and combine it with others to form a word.
- Categorization: Another effective way of preparing for your final exams is to categorize your subjects as memory-based problem solving, assessment, and essay type. For example, subjects such as History and English require you to have good writing skills. You can score more marks by improving your vocabulary, sentence formation, and using tense correctly. Write an essay and then proofread it to rectify any type of grammatical or spelling errors. Identify the mistakes that you often make, it could be the missing punctuations or inconsistent sentence structure.
- Set routine: Choose an ideal time for revision according to your daily routine. If you are a night owl and prefer to study at night, then choose a quiet spot and arrange the study material on your desk to create a calm and comfortable study environment. If you prefer to study fresh in the morning, then wake up at least 1-2 hours before your normal routine. It is the best time to soak up new information and prepare for your exams. Pick topics that are hard to understand and requires your focus.
- Final attempt: Before you start writing down the answers, read the instructions carefully. Understand the marking scheme, and also read all the questions thoroughly. Analyze each question and try to determine the approximate time required for you to answer it. Attempt the question that carries more marks than others. This will automatically improve your average grade. If a question is taking more time than expected, leave it and move to the next question. Do not spend more than 8-10 minutes on any question. Check the allotted time and decide whether you want to start with the difficult questions or easy question first.
These tips are designed to help you strategize your study plan and make the most of it.
Peachy Essay offers the best Custom Writing Online Services to help students submit quality assignments. Our team consists of professional and experienced academic writers who specialize in various subject areas. We offer academic writing services to students and scholars at a reasonable price. Just fill in your paper details, select the formatting style, and we promise to deliver your paper on time.