Hemp is being used in different products ranging from edible gummies to body creams for medical purposes. The plant that once law used to regard as illegal is now becoming a medical marvel. Talking about Hemp, let us discuss the new interest of scientists and researchers – the delta-8 flower. Delta-8 is a relatively new compound in the hemp market compared to our good old friends – Delta-9 THC and CBD. We know all about them and their benefits, but delta-8 seems a bit ostracized due to the lack of research. Scientists have found out various benefits of smoking the delta-8 flower, and they continue their observations.
It is a relative of the THC. It is also known for its antiemetic, anxiolytic, analgesic, appetite-stimulating, and neuroprotectant properties. Despite being associated with delta-9 THC, it promises only a slight high effect.
Now, we know and have seen the effects of CBD on the skin. It does wonders to skin for various problems and other alternatives that help heal dry skin are peptides such as BPC 157 and TB500.The cannabinoids in CBD treat skin and promote good skin health. It also has antimicrobial properties – great for the skin. This article will explore whether the delta-8 flower can treat dry skin and other skin-related issues.
Delta-8 for various skin conditions
While we try to solve for you whether delta-8 can heal dry and itchy skin, research shows that delta-8 can be effective for various skin conditions. That is because they have anti-inflammatory properties. Since anecdotal proof suggests that delta-8 cures chronic pain and inflammation, scientists attribute that delta-8 can treat various skin issues. Delta-8 is psychoactive, but it would not get you high since cannabinoids directly interact and combine with the skin cannabinoid receptors. Therefore, they regulate the inflammatory response and do not reach the blood barrier. Read on further to find out what delta-8 can do for inflamed skin.
- Treat eczema – Eczema is a skin condition where one develops speckles of dry and flaky skin on the body, often escorted by the urge to itch and feel irritated. It may become chronic, and conditions like climate change, hormonal changes, feeling stressed, dietary swaps can aggravate it further. As it is inflammatory, delta-8 can come in handy to treat this skin condition.
- Treat psoriasis – Psoriasis is like a sibling of eczema, except it is nastier. The skin condition can become extreme, covering most of the body. The skin begins to desiccate at an increased speed, causing pain and discomfort. The speckles of skin become more noticeable and eminent. That is also an inflammatory skin condition that delta-8 can treat.
- Cure acne and pimples – Though acne is not considered ‘inflammatory,’ it results from inflammation. The inflammation gives rise to red bumps on the skin, which are sensitive to touch. The only way to treat acne is topically, and delta-8 flower-infused creams or lotions can be a potential solution.
- Treat rashes caused by deadly plants – When we say toxic plants, we mean poisonous plants like poison ivy and poison oak. When skin gets exposed to such plants, there is a high chance that skin can become inflamed. Usually, pain (arising from rashes on the skin) and swelling are accompanied by inflammation. Delta-8 can offer relief in such cases.
Factors to look for while purchasing delta-8
There are various factors that you should look for before purchasing delta-8. The goal is to buy the best quality product that will work effectively on the skin and not just any product. Some of these factors are mentioned below for your convenience.
- Third-party verification – Third-party testing is necessary to ensure that the product is free from impurities and harmful chemicals. The company’s testing procedures are not enough, as the product may end up being inaccurate. A good brand pays for third-party testing and never conceals any information. Check the label before buying the product. The label is the true personality of the product.
- Customer reviews – Today, online reviews guide purchases. Almost one-third of the population reads the reviews before purchasing any product. When it comes to Hemp, it becomes increasingly important to go through the reviews on the website of a particular brand or other social media pages, if any. Reviews provide honest opinions about the product and convey a lot about user experience.
- Brand policies – A brand should have clear and transparent procedures. The quality of service provided by a brand reflects its policies. You should check whether the policies are fair to a customer and do not overly favour the company.
- Popularity – This comes without saying that always buy products from a well-known and reputable brand. Word of mouth advertising helps brands to grab customers. If you are a rational consumer, brands that you hear about constantly will attract you. These brands have gained the trust of customers over the years. If a brand is not that well-known, it probably implies that it is new and trying to make its space in the market.
There are no studies that can confirm the effects of delta-8 flowers on the skin. As far as dry and itchy skin is concerned, we have already mentioned that it has the potential to treat certain skin conditions involving these symptoms. However, we only know that it can provide its cannabinoid properties to the skin to heal it. If you do not see any results from your current treatments and want to try something new, delta-8 would be worthy of your shot. It can be challenging to find delta-8 in general and local stores, but you can search online.
Scientists formulate delta-8 topicals with certain other natural ingredients like mint. It helps in providing a cooling effect to the skin by numbing the inflammation. Just like CBD, delta-8 will show results if applied consistently. Do not shy away from using a generous amount on your skin since it will cause no harm to your skin and will not get you high. The future of delta-8 for skin conditions looks promising as per the present evidence. So, it can become the next big thing in the medical industry.