Corus is a customer focused, innovative solutions-driven company, which manufactures, processes and distributes steel and aluminium products and services to customers worldwide. Corus is a subsidiary of Tata Steel and is Europe's second largest steel producer with annual revenues of over £11 billion and a crude steel production of about 20 million tonnes.
Corus employs around 41,000 people worldwide. It provides innovative solutions to the construction, automotive, packaging, mechanical engineering and other markets worldwide. Working for Corus in an innovative and technology-driven environment is never dull. Corus looks for initiative, innovation, teamwork and leadership in applicants. It can offer a career or placement in a wide variety of functions that are challenging, interesting and hard work. Operations in the UK are mainly in South Wales, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
- Edition 15 Overcoming barriers to changeThis managing change case study focuses on how Corus Strip Products UK has overcome barriers to change in order to secure a more prosperous future for the business.
- Edition 14 Product development through continuous improvementThis continuous improvement case study focuses on how Corus used its knowledge and experience of continuous improvement (CI) to win new business.
- Edition 13 Continuous improvement as a business strategyThis continuous improvement case study focuses on the process of Continuous Improvement (CI) at the CCI steel plate manufacturing mill at Scunthorpe. It will show how Corus is finding new ways of achieving its objectives from existing resources.
- Edition 12 Sustainable business at CorusThis stakeholders case study outlines how Corus contributes to sustainable development and good business practice through its steel recycling initiatives.
- Edition 11 Continuous Improvement - The Corus WayThis continuous improvement case study helps students understand how companies train, develop and communicate with staff to delivery continuous improvement.
- Edition 10 Bringing an innovative product to market: Assure®As a result of carefully reading the Case Study, students should be able to: explain the innovative nature of Assure by Corus, outline the significance of testing in a research and development process, apply the Ansoff Matrix to Corus Colors development strategy.
- Edition 9 Competitive advantage through sustainable product development in constructionAs a result of carefully reading the Case Study, students should be able to: understand the nature of competitive markets, appreciate how the external environment should provide the basis for planning strategy, appreciate how sustainability creates opportunities for businesses.
- Edition 7 The importance of building a strong brand imageThis branding case study shows how Corus has set about building a consistent, respected brand identity that can be quickly recognised, with a view to giving the company a worldwide competitive advantage.
- Edition 6 Developing a stronger customer focusThis management of change case study looks at how Corus, one of the worldâ€™s leading steel companies, has developed a market focused approach.