In the accountancy field, the highest standard of capability is CPA across the globe. The AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountant) the largest accounting body of the world administers this exam. CPA is the best career choice if considering an illustrious career in accounting. The Certified Public Accountants are recognized globally as leading accountants throughout the world and are hired in a variety of industries.
Eligibility of the CPA Course
In order to appear as a candidate in the CPA exam, they must have one must have the following qualification:
- Master of Commerce
- Member of the Charter Accountant Institutes
- College degree with accounting majors
Course Syllabus of CPA Exam
A huge number of aspirants prepare for the CPA exam in many countries. The question paper is composed of written communication, multiple choice questions, and task-based simulations. Thus candidates need to concentrate more on the exam content to score maximum marks. There are 4 sections of the CPA examination. Each section has its own exam and syllabus and the student has to be expert in it. These 4 sections of the exam are given below:
- Regulation (REG)
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD)
- Business Environment Concepts (BEC)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)
Benefits of the CPA Course
The ultimate qualification in the accounting field is a CPA course which has unlimited possibilities to show the potential in the accounting field. Here are some benefits of the CPA courses:
- International Recognition: LLB, CA, MBA (Accounting), CS, ICWA, and M.com graduates have an excellent opportunity who aspire for international certification.
- Career Opportunities: candidates, after clearing CPA exam to start their career with research firms, accounting & auditing firms, merger & acquisition, hedge funds, mutual funds, commercial banks, investment banks, private equity firms etc.
- Ease & Flexibility: CPA is a single level online exam and one can clear the 4 papers of the exams easily in a year. Also one can give the exam with a job so to get a high potential job.
- Academic Excellence: along with the college degree, the CPA has the knowledge of US GAAP, and US federal business and taxation laws. This is a great advantage for the CPAs when working with CPA licensed firms.
Application for the CPA Exam
The costs of the CPA exam courses are mentioned on various websites. The application fee for the CPA should be submitted along with the required documents. For every candidate, scoring of the CPA exam is done on an independent basis. The number of CPA candidates is rising over the years. This scoring pattern adjudged the CPA exam candidate on the basis of the level of accounting knowledge, analytic approach, and skills.
Sometimes, the most tiresome part of taking the exam is not studying for it but applying for it. CPA exam application process is different than the CPA license application process. After passing the uniform CPA exam with just passing score, then CPA is eligible to apply for the CPA license. After analyzing the minimum eligibility criteria for taking the CPA exam, then the candidate pays the application fee to take the CPA exam.