Portakabin is part of the Shepherd Group. This is family company supplies modular buildings nationwide. The Portakabin brand is the most widely recognised brand in modular construction in the UK and its modular buildings provide high quality working environments for many businesses and organisations, for example, offices, schools, hospitals or hospitality suites.
Case studies in Business Case Studies
- Improving success by developing a Values Based Performance Culture
- Product development, innovation and the product life cycleThe product case study focuses on the processes involved in creating the Yorkon Building System and the role of marketing in launching the new product.
- Adding value through health and safetyThis health & safety case study explains in detail how Portakabin implements health and safety policy and highlights the benefits this brings to the business.
- Achieving growth through product developmentThis product portfolio case study illustrates how Portakabin, a manufacturer of factory produced buildings, has developed a range of new products called Essential Business Solutions (EBS). The purpose of EBS was to develop products that more closely meet the needs of its customers.
- How the role of marketing drives business forwardsThis marketing planning case study shows how Portakabin uses marketing to identify and anticipate customer needs and then meet them.
- Lean production at PortakabinThis lean production case study focuses on how Portakabin uses lean production methods to ensure it produces aquality product that gives value to the customer.
- Promoting the brandThis promotion case study explores how Portakabin uses market analysis to identify customer requirements and promote its brand.
- How market research helps Portakabin to remain at the cutting edgeThis market research case study helps students understand the importance of market research to successful, customer-led product development.
- The importance of excellent customer serviceThis customer service case study helps students understand the importance of understanding what customers want to improve customer service.
- The importance of quality in creating competitive advantageAs a result of carefully reading the Case Study, students should be able to: know that quality relates to how well a product does what it is intended to do, explain how the ability to provide quality consistently gives some companies competitive advantage, demonstrate the importance of offering customers high quality service.
- Meeting customer needs for competitive advantageAs a result of carefully reading the Case Study, students should be able to: define the term competitive advantage, understand the importance of differentiation as a competitive strategy, distinguish between private and public sector customers.
- Developing products and services to meet market demandThis marketing strategies case study examines how Portakabin has developed new products in response to growth in its existing markets. In particular, it focuses on Portakabin WardSpace accommodation: an efficient way of meeting increasingly demanding and highly specific requirements of the healthcare industry.
- Responding to an Emerging MarketThis marketing planning case study looks at how the Portakabin operations exhibit the kind of good practice that the Construction Task Force wants to see the whole industry adopt. In particular, it demonstrates how Portakabin is 'ahead of the game' by being customer-led and responsive to the changing business environment.