Tesco is the UK’s biggest food retailer offering a variety of services for food and nonfood products to include insurance, entertainment, electrical goods and many more. It employs over 440,000 people around the world with over 280,000 in the UK. It has over 2,000 stores in the UK and a growing number of stores abroad in countries such as Thailand, China, Hungary and the United States.
Tesco is the biggest private sector employer in the UK and offers a competitive package of pay and benefits for all jobs, whether as assistants or managers in stores and depots. More specialised roles such as finance and HR, are based at its head offices based in Hertfordshire.
Case studies in Business Case Studies
- Vision, values and business strategiesThis business strategy case study examines Tesco strategies, the reasons behind each component and how vision, aims and cultural value interrelate to make the strategies successful.
- Using diversity and inclusion to provide better serviceThis diversity case study looks at how Tesco benefits by focusing on diversity and inclusion in its employment strategies.
- Developing appropriate leadership stylesThis organising people case study will show how Tesco’s leadership framework is fundamental to developing the qualities of leadership needed at every level in the business.
- Motivational theory in practice at TescoThis motivation case study looks at how Tesco motivates its employees by increasing their knowledge, skills and job satisfaction through training and development and providing relevant and timely reward and recognition.
- How training and development supports business growthThis developing people case study looks at how Tesco provides training and development opportunities for its employees.
- Recruitment and selectionThis recruitment and selection case study looks at how Tesco ensures it has the right number of people in the right jobs and at its structured process for recruitment and selection.
- The healthy eating brandThis branding case study focuses on how Tesco has identified and anticipated changes in lifestyles in this country and how these impact on new requirements for healthy eating. It shows how Tesco has developed a highly successful ‘Healthy Eating’ brand.