Do you know that you can travel to Canada for business or vacation without a visa? The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) scheme in Canada, helps require a visa to visit Canada. It allows receivers to visit Canada without a visa.
However, you need to apply for a visa if you cannot meet the eTA requirements. Besides, you are only eligible for eTA Canada if you are a citizen of a European country.
Want to know how to apply for eTA Canada and other related information? Keep reading.
Requirements for ETA Canada
Before applying for eTA, there are certain requirements you need to meet. For instance, your eTA application won’t be approved if your aim of visiting Canada is for studies or work.
You know why? With eTA you can only stay in Canada for 6 months. But that’s not all.
- A valid travel document like a passport is required
- Have a good health record
- If you have broken any immigration law or committed a crime in the past, your application for eTA Canada will not be approved.
- You must prove to the border services officer (BSO) that you have a job, home or family to stay with.
- Prove to the BSO that you will leave the country after your scheduled visiting time has expired.
- Your finances must sustain your stay
If your eTA Canada application has been approved, it will last for 5 years after approval. As long as your eTA is valid, you can visit Canada whenever you want, however, your stay mustn’t exceed 6 months. However, the application for eTA may differ for people living in Europe and the US.
Interestingly, you can visit the official website of eTA Canada to see all the requirements you need to meet for your application to be approved.
How to Apply for ETA Canada
If you want to go to Canada you can always try and make the whole process by yourself, but you rather hire a Canadian immigration consultant. In case you have no idea where to find one, you should check an rcic reviews before hiring one to make sure you get yourself a legit and good consultant. Luckily for you, some people have already made the job for you, and you can easily find many immigration consultancies reviews around the net, such as the CANADIM review. Otherwise, you can make the process on your but you should note all details before applying your.
If you are from a European country and don’t have a visa, you can still visit Canada if you want to. However, you must apply for ETA before you make travel arrangements. Fortunately, applying for eTA is easy and you can use your personal computer or smartphone to do it. All you need to do is get the eTA online form and provide all the details required.
- Age: Interestingly, you can apply for eTA Canada for yourself, your family or group, and your children. If you are asking if children below the age of 18 need to visit Canada, then the answer is yes. It doesn’t matter if the child is an infant or a toddler. In addition, you need to provide signed permission from the child’s parents if you are not the parent.
- Passport: When applying for eTA, you need to provide a valid passport belonging to you or the person requesting permission. After you have provided all the details required, the next step is to make payment.
- Payment: If you are applying for an urgent eTA in Canada, you will be made to pay additional fees. The payment platforms accepted by eTA Canada are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Paypal.
The next step is to wait for a reply. This reply will arrive after 3 days of applying and it can either be an approval or a rejection. However, you may receive your reply within 30 minutes after application if you applied for urgent eta. If you have been granted permission, you can print it out in case it is requested by the flight officials. Where you have not been granted permission, you can reapply for eTA Canada or apply for a visa.
If you must know, an eTA doesn’t guarantee entry to Canada. When you get to the border check, a BSO will request your passport and other documents too. For instance, for US citizens, you would have to present your Green Card. The major task is your ability to convince the BSO officer that you are eligible to enter the country.
Aside from that, several things can deny you entry into Canada. Any involvement with a crime in the past can instantly halt your entry. Other grounds could be your health and financial status. Finally, if these areas are covered, entering Canada with eTA would be smooth.