Related: Travis Perkins
Case studies in Business Case Studies
Edition 8 How an Environmental Management System (EMS) helps create a sustainable business
This case study shows how Travis Perkins has built an EMS based on the International Standard ISO 14001 in order to reduce costs and make a major contribution to ‘sustainability’. Therefore, it intends to minimise its impact on the environment.
- What is an Environmental Management System
- Why does Travis Perkins need an EMS?
- Legal requirements
- Financial pressures
- Market pressures
- Social pressures
- Implementing an Environmental Management
- Environmental Improvement Plan
- Action Lists and Responsibilities
- Performance indicators
- Costs and benefits of introducing the Environmental Management System
- Internal and external communication